April 27, 2010

Never Again!

Written By Spicy P @ 6:44 AM
All of my twitterers know but I didn't announce it on here because I didn't want to jinx it!

I QUIT smoking! ::drumroll::

Spicy P smoked? GTFOH! Yes it's true! I didn't smoke a lot but maybe 1 or two singles a day for the last few years but surprise of surprises....I got addicted....


Thanks to my loved ones, my twits, coworkers and especially my man, who threatened abstinence if he so much as smelled smoke on me I'm on my second week nicotine free :)

It is the best decision I've ever made! I FEEL better, I am HEALTHIER, my skin even has a glow to it and its only been two weeks! I didn't realize all the ugly beauty effects of smoking!

Simultaneously, I've upped my vitamin regimen, started a partial raw food diet (meaning two raw salads & fruit for breakfast and dinner) I haven't even started exercising really yet and just on the diet alone I've lost a couple of pounds this week...

My goal isn't to lose weight because I'm already slim, I just want to feel healthier, live longer, and get my body ready for when we are ready to start our family ::wink::

So if your on a journey to quit smoking, email me for encouragement.

YOU CAN DO IT!

5 Thoughts on "Never Again!"

susies1955 on April 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM said...

My husband smoked a pack and a half from the time he was 13 until last Valentines day which was 42 years. He doesn't have a day ("he says") that he doesn't want one but he made a DECISION he was going to stick with. He did the patch system.
Hope you do well. Congrats,
Susie

Spicy P on April 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM said...

That is great! I'm very proud of him and I can only imagine how difficult that was after so long. Can you ask him how long before his cravings went away? Thanks for sharing!

susies1955 on April 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM said...

Thanks. Like I said in my first post .......... not a day goes by that he doesn't want one. It could be just him. He has a very obsessive personality or it could be because it has been a habit since he was a boy. I meet him when he was 15 and he smoked then. We have been together since 1970. :)
Susie

Spicy P on April 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM said...

Wow...I don't know who's stronger...you or him! I think you both are equally strong, its almost like you were going through withdrawal too...the withdrawal symptoms ain't no joke! I guess I'll be irritable until it completely leaves my body. You guys give me hope! I know he may have his cravings, but he will always be happy he quit!

susies1955 on April 28, 2010 at 2:03 AM said...

I'll just say you are right that it wasn't easy for either of us.
You can do it. If 'he' can, anyone can,
Susie

Post a Comment

 

Berry Obsessed Thank you for visiting my blog Come Again!