April 27, 2010

Raw Food Diet & Obesity

Written By Spicy P @ 8:49 PM

A few of you asked me about my "Raw Food Diet"...

I'm not hardcore or anything, I just try to eat at least two salads a day, I can't say that the added croutons, cheese and bacon bits help but I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm just trying to train myself to eat healthier!

SO MANY women are obese and as much as they want to say 'big is beautiful' I think its just a cop-out. No offense but I don't know of ANY large women who would turn down a chance to be thin if all they had to do is snap their fingers.

It takes discipline and perseverance to stay healthy and not overeat on junk. If you chose too that's your business but be prepared for the consequences. Just because a large portion of our population is obese doesn't make it right. So unless you have a disabling medical condition that doesn't allow strenuous workouts, get your ass off the couch and take a walk.

Stop sucking on the coke and suck on some water, stop nibbling on the Cheetos and nibble on some carrot sticks.

And to anyone that is offended too bad, obesity would be less of a problem if people would tell it like it is. Someone in my family is overweight and I would prefer to tell them they are fat than watch them die in denial. Screw that, I tell her to get her ass on a treadmill with me and it works. She may roll her eyes when she see's me but with type II diabetes weighing her down, she is grateful at the end of the day.

So if you are over your ideal weight (fat) or know someone who is, tell them to get their large asses up and about and get them healthy!

I say this with love and dedicate this to all of my large (fat) acquaintances and relatives :)

5 Thoughts on "Raw Food Diet & Obesity"

iRockaBerry on April 28, 2010 at 2:14 PM said...

i love this post! its soooo true.... ive been thin my entire life until about 3 yrs ago.... i have put on 70lbs in 3 years, YES, 70 & it is all due to my laziness & lack of proper diet! i used to work out regularly & well ive always eaten horribly but atleast i was active.... my bf is a total health nut and a PERSONAL TRAINER lol if my weight gain wasnt caused by laziness idk what it was caused by then haha but ya i totally agree with every word in this post and even though ive always been the type to be comfortable with myself, i dont believe that its OK for me to have let myself get this way but i dont "hate" myself or my body either way hehe.... im down almost 15 lbs in 2 mths so im slowly but surely getting "my large ass" up and about! :)

Spicy P on April 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM said...

My comments were directed to the extremely large type. You are gorgeous and I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. If You are healthy then u don't have a problem. But if u have health issues or aren't even trying to be healthy then I don't pity those people. The same fatties emailed me to tell me how mean I was being. I said 'fuck that' if someone was mean to your ass from the getgo maybe you wouldn't weigh 280+ lbs now!

I don't think your fat AT ALL. You have a healthy body type and you love your body!

Deshana on April 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM said...

I agree with your post as well! I think we as women feed into the whole "thick" description and let it get away from us. We use that word as a cop out for gettin in the gym and working out and eating healthier. I agree whole heartedly that we as women need to be more blunt with one another. Irockaberry~i applaud u for gettin up and doing something and making it a "healthy" and gradual choice. I would really encourage you (if you like to dance) to find a Zumba class or instructor in your area. I've been doing it for the last year and I've lost 30 lbs., BUT i've toned up a hell of a lot (Serena Williams has nothing on my legs) :) Just a suggestion
But, i appreciated the post and wanted to add something positive to it!
Kudos to u SpicyP for making healthier choices

Spicy P said...

@deshana

I really appreciate your comments! I wish more people would not be so politically correct regarding obesity. Why can't we all admit it's a PROBLEM! If you are overweight, admit it and fix it. Don't say that I'm 'mean' because I called someone fat. What the hell? Either your fat or I need a new eye prescription. If I was overweight then I'd want someone to set it to me straight.

If there were no health risks or problems associated with being overweight then I wouldn't say a word. But to pretend that not being able to see your feet isn't a bad thing? I'm sorry but my cousin is a lazy fatty and it wasn't until I told her that that she did something about it. And if I didn't care, I wouldn't say a word.

I'm glad that other people are letting their loved ones know the truth! It's about saving lives, not hurting feelings.

Yve on April 29, 2010 at 4:51 PM said...

I agree with your post 100%. I'm working hard to lose weight at this time. I have to say it's pretty depressing when I can't wear a lot of these cute outfits my petite sister and her friends wear. Once upon a time I had the coke bottle curves and I'm anxious to just get it back. It's hard losing the weight but with focus and drive I know I can do it. Thanks for this post.

Post a Comment

 

Berry Obsessed Thank you for visiting my blog Come Again!