May 18, 2010

Blackberry Housing F.A.Q's

Written By Spicy P @ 8:15 PM
Hi Kids!

Changing your housing can be a fun experience! I'm here to guide you and answer your questions. I've gotten a TON of emails regarding housing questions. So I will give a brief introduction to how to properly select blackberry 9700 housing and my own personal opinions. Your other option? Pay $200+  for a company to paint your housing for you, then slap you in the face by putting THEIR hideous company logo on YOUR phone! What the hell is that!?!

So...to start? It is important to find quality. There are a lot of housings out there that are cheaply made, I know, I tried to save $3 by going to someone other than truesupplier and the bezel broke while I was doing a housing change. Besides, you can kind of tell when you receive the housing whether or not it is decent quality....

I don't know if you can tell by looking at this picture but I bought these housings at truesupplier and they ARE of good quality!

I NEVER change the side rails, EVER! I did it once with my 8320 and bricked my phone. In order to change the side rails you dissemble your berry to the motherboard and it is tricky to re-asemble it. I received an email last night from a follower who had problems with her LED lights after working with the siderails. Again, I DON'T RECOMMEND this! UNLESS you know what your doing. (The side rails are the side parts of your phone that connect around your phone and hold the view part of your camera)

Another CRUCIAL fact (if you have the 9700 Bold) is to buy housing that has the top cover already soldered to the bezel! You do NOT want to solder this yourself (unless you know what your doing) Please, please, please, do NOT apply housing that has the top cover not already attached to your bezel. In these pictures the top cover is already soldered to the bezel.


I am a frequent buyer of truesupplier.com and I was assigned my own rep (Yay) so now I just order whatever I want through her and they solder the top covers on for me.

Now, what I change? The bezel, top cover, bottom cover and battery door. I know you guys want me to make youtube videos and I think I will the next time I do this. I am expecting my housing anyday now so we'll see how it goes. I'd have a hard time explaining how to DO the actual housing because I go through it so fast I couldn't possibly put it into words but maybe a video is the only way that I can do this for you guys.

If you have ANY questions, please leave a comment so I can answer it publicly for everyone who is reading this blog. Don't be too frightened, as you can see? The results are STUNNING!


11 Thoughts on "Blackberry Housing F.A.Q's"

Yve on May 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM said...

When ordering our housing from TrueSupplier do we have to request that the top cover be soldered onto the bezel? I ask because I was getting ready to order some housings from them and notice a note on it that said it wasn't attached.

Spicy P on May 19, 2010 at 12:07 PM said...

Truesupplier will indicate in their ad whether or not the top cover is attached. If it's not written out it means it's not. I don't know if you can request if for free, they may charge a fee to solder it if your not a frequent customer but whatever the cost? Definitely worth it!

Robin on June 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM said...

I so want a white housing on my 9700.. I did my 9000 just 5 months ago and love it, but I'm scared to do the 9700 since it's built diffrent. It would be so great if you did a youtube of how you change the housing :) thanks for such a great website and themes ..

Spicy P on June 9, 2010 at 2:25 AM said...

Hi! I will seriously consider it!

Stéphanie said...

Hi !

Thanks a lot for your precious advices ! I would like to change my housing for a (glossy baby) pink one. I went many times on truesupplier.com and already contacted them for some questions but I'm French and I don't understand everything to their 'technical' vocabulary. Could you recommend me a pink housing from their website please ? I don't want to buy something that won't fit or would be difficult to change. I saw this one :

http://www.truesupplier.com/blackberry-bold-9700-9020-onyx-full-housing-faceplate-cover-w-em-c-546-p-8-pr-20977.html

but the top cover and the bezel are not attached and on the picture, the siderails are pink and I don't want to change this part ;)

Will you make a video about how to change the housing ? It would help me a lot (I can't find something very helpful in French).

Thanks a lot for your help. Have a nice day !
Stéphanie

Stéphanie said...

Hello ! I asked truesupplier about soldering top cover and bezel (I precised that I would pay fees for it if necessary) and they answered me that they can't do it for me.
Since all the pink housing that I like have the top cover and bezel not attached, what should I do ? I don't know how to proceed to solder those parts and I really want to change my housing.

Mary on August 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM said...

Posh! Posh! Posh! I love the metallic pink! I have the black berry bold. Will it fit perfectly? Does blackberry handsets come in different size? I just want to be sure before placing my order. Thanks and more power!

blackberry housing

Anonymous said...

hi spicy p, i fell in love wif ur housing and ery interested in gettin my own.
u able to provide the links to the pinks u got for ur 9700? thanks a millon babe!!

Erin on October 19, 2010 at 8:29 AM said...

Hey dear!

I love the theme on your berry when you captured this!! Is this one of your own themes?

Spicy P on October 20, 2010 at 12:16 PM said...

Hi! Sorry for the late responses!

You can go to www.truesupplier.com for the housing!

and @Erin, yes that is my own theme I'm using in this post!

Erin on October 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM said...

Thanks for replying dear! ((:

Is this theme available for download?

Post a Comment

 

Berry Obsessed Thank you for visiting my blog Come Again!