July 25, 2010

My New Obsession...

Written By Spicy P @ 6:56 PM
Hey Kids,

If you follow me on twitter you already know that I have been looking for a way to slim down my thighs. As far as stats, I'm 5'11 @ 145lbs. Already slim but I wanted to slim down the thigh area and put some muscle into it. So after doing research on the MOST effective exercises, I found that jogging/running is the best for a all over workout.



Don't fall into the fad that targeting a specific area of your body will tone down that one area. Doesn't work like that! I don't think most people realize that you cannot lose weight in one particular part of your body - you can only build muscle. Let's just say you do ab crunches, its not going to give you a leaner belly, it will only build muscle to give you the appearance of a flatter stomach.

Jogging is good for the heart, prevents diseases and a host of other good things. Now back in the day? I panted just walking to my mailbox! I am on week 2 of continuous running/jogging, now I can jog for almost a mile non-stop and its fun! I go jogging before work, so I wake up at 6am, throw on some leggings, a sports bra, baseball cap, my ipod touch and some Nikes and hit the road. Now normally, I would advise against running alone and although I live in a very nice area I still carry mace with me when I run. But I feel pretty comfortable going at it alone and it may be a trick of mind, but I already think my thighs have slimmed down!

If your looking to start jogging, send me an email and let me know. I'll keep tabs on you! I couldn't have stuck it myself without Antionio, most of the time he jogs with me and its great to have that support if your just starting out!

Try it!


11 Thoughts on "My New Obsession..."

Jasmine Nicole on July 28, 2010 at 6:32 AM said...

you're definitely an inspiration to me .. i'm 5'11 as well but not 145lbs ! pshh i wish .. but i have been running on the treadmill and using the elliptical machine everyday and eating well, im determined , and reading this just makes me wanna work even harder :)

amo on July 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM said...

Congrats what a great habit to start! I started running about 8 weeks ago and am getting ready to compete in my first 5K next weekend. What a great feeling.

Latisha81 said...

I agree that's the best way to do it. i've been going to the gym since about December 09. I didn't start heavily until February though. My bf put me on a gym schedule and i was dieting as well. I ended up losing like 20 lbs so far (10 more to go) and I noticed from the cardio my legs/thighs/lower stomach area decreased a great deal. I started out running on the treadmill (by the time I get home from work jogging outside isn't really an option). Not I do the Elliptical Cross-trainer 3x's/week and I swear it makes a difference. I slacked off the last month b/c we moved and i got a little lazy but i would like to drop the last little bit of weight by Labor Day. Good luck!

Spicy P on July 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM said...

@jasmine that's great! If I wasn't so cheap I'd join a gym and take full advantage of the great resistance machines they have! But with my (cheap) mentality? Hey, I'll just run for free. Keep up the good work!!!

Spicy P on July 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM said...

@amo So proud! You are at the level I hope to be one day! Shoot, YOU should be MY mentor :) Keep us posted & I hope you win!

amo on July 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM said...

@SpicyP Thanks! I ran 3.1 miles this morning. I live in a small town and literally ran from one end to the opposite and back again. Never thought I'd do that...ever. I'm not planning to WIN the race, right now I'm just going to finish the race. :)

Spicy P on August 1, 2010 at 1:39 PM said...

@Latisha Oh you ladies are so good! To keep up with the gym thing! God, my cheap ass just needs to cough up an extra $50 a month and go down there!

Peer pressure *sigh*

*Melly* on August 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM said...

Guess what mamas!! I been runninnnnn.. lol day 2 of two miles.. first day I barely made it one mile before I got huffy, but I damn near finished mile two today! Yay me!!

Spicy P on August 6, 2010 at 9:53 PM said...

Congrats melly mel! I knew you could do it! Did you buy those tight cotton leggings I recommended? Did they help?

Spicy P on August 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM said...

@amo! That is SO good! I am going to use you for inspiration! I kind of slacked off because I developed some painful problems with my legs. I think it was due to constricted capillaries. I think I did too much too fast but I'm so happy that you are going to win that race!

*Melly* on August 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM said...

Lol no luck on the tight cotton leggings, I'm still runnin in Walmart gear. I got new kicks comin my way tho, super juiced about those!!

Post a Comment

 

Berry Obsessed Thank you for visiting my blog Come Again!